Liquidnet is expanding its equity trading analytics offering and is seeking a quantitative analyst to play a key role in its expansion. The ideal candidate will combine excellent academics, quantitative skills, and market understanding with a deeply practical approach to problem solving.
- Conduct innovative quantitative/statistical research and modeling with an emphasis on informing optimal trading.
- Develop quantitative indicators that identify short-term drivers of return and liquidity.
- Validate existing and proposed trading analytics and recommend enhancements where appropriate.
- Create business specifications and work with the development group to incorporate analytics into software applications.
- Advanced degree with a strong background in statistics, applied econometrics or related quantitative fields.
- 3+ years’ experience performing hands-on statistical analysis on large equity-based datasets.
- Proficient with one or more major programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python) and one or more major statistical packages (e.g. Matlab, R).
- Application of quantitative techniques and models (risk modeling, optimization etc.) in an equity trading setting is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets.
- Ability to work strict deadlines under pressure.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written). The candidate must demonstrate an ability to articulate and translate complex mathematical concepts into language understood by others.