We are IO-Tahoe, a global company with offices in Jersey City, NJ, Staines, UK, Kiev, Ukraine and Bangalore, India.
ROKITT ASTRA is IO-Tahoe’s flagship product, a data discovery software tool that enables companies to discover information about its data and data relationships through unique Machine Learning algorithms. With our product, companies will get a deeper and smarter understanding of their data and how it grows, changes, and moves through the enterprise.
If you are looking for a job where you’ll solve interesting data challenges alongside some of the ivy league talents you have ever worked with, IO-Tahoe is just the right place.
Position: Data Scientist
Number of positions
Jersey City, NJ
The role of the Data Scientist at Rokitt ASTRA is to develop models and algorithms to identify hidden relationships within and across databases which includes relational databases, Non-relational & Object databases and Data warehouse. He/she will be exposed to some of the data challenges faced at ASTRA’s operations at various client sites including large-scale transactional & reporting databases/warehouses/lakes, numeric field matching and comparisons, reducing the number of false positives or enhancing the accuracy levels of ASTRA’s predictions/ matching algorithms etc.
The work includes the creation of both proof-of-concepts demonstrations to illustrate the algorithms and technologies as well as support in designing robust operational systems than can be put into production.
What we are looking for?
- Multiple years of data science/Analytics experiencewith proven track record of using advanced statistical methods, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Strong computational experience with Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Theory and/or Algorithms
- Proven experience with Java or similar object oriented programming languages
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools are must (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- PhD or MS in CS/Mathematics/Stats or a related discipline